Public influence mechanisms on the decision-making of the LG: training on local democracy, April 12-13, 2018
On April 12-13, 2018 in Svyatogorsk, a training was held on the topic "Public Council and local self-government: the mechanism of public influence on decision-making (local democracy)". The event was organized within the framework of the project "Restoration of governance and reconciliation in the grasped communities of Ukraine" with financial support from the Swiss Confederation and the Sweden Government. The trainer of the event was the CEO of MLS Group - Nadiia Kuzmychova, and among the participants: representatives of executive committees of city councils, district state administrations, amalgamated gromadas and Donetsk regional state administration.
Training on local democracy was conducted with the aim of forming practical skills for government officials in using mechanisms to involve the community in the development and adoption of decisions of local government bodies. During the two-day event, six thematic sessions were held:
1. Mechanisms of public participation in the development and adoption of decisions of local government;
2. Effective communication of local government and the community;
3. The public budget as a form of involving the community in the budget process;
4. Public opinion research as an instrument for involving the public in decision-making;
5. Forms of local democracy: local initiatives and public meetings;
6. Forms of local democracy: public hearings and self-organizing bodies of the population.
As a result of the event, the members of the public councils and local self-government received systematic knowledge on the training topics. In particular, they understood the possibilities and limitations of the existing tools for attracting the public, the expediency of their application taking into account the peculiarities of the territory. In addition, the training participants were given the opportunity for post-training consulting support from MLS Group specialists during the next three months.
We are open to ideas and partnership! If you are interested in the AGs development, the establishment of interaction between local government and the community, please, call: +380 97 7213496 or write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org